The personal learning network for educators
Thank you for the news; it really inspired me to change classroom design. A teacher was inspired by these resources to redesign a space for her students. Some point-
1. Each Student is learning and not just listening and developing correct conceptual models of a concept being taught.
2. Teacher makes sure there is energy in the classroom, there is not dull atmosphere, disturbing elements, fights etc.
3. Teacher and student must trust each other; Students must believe in what a teacher is teaching but always verify the things being taught.
4. There is at least a single constructionist activity every week or maybe every day, Students do not need to just learn theory.
5. Students and Teachers should have an open conversation.
I encourage my teachers to provide students the ability to speak to their peers and to the larger class. We have utilized 'Positive Talk" guidelines to ensure that students are staying on task and are able to report back to the class what they shared and have learned. This practice began the first day of school and through proper modeling, students have become more competent, in grades 1-8, at discussing academic content materials.