The Educator's PLN

The personal learning network for educators

Use this discussion forum to give us a link to your blog and what the main focus of your blog is. You can also add what you teach and where you teach so others who share a common role can connect with you!

Views: 1239

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mark, I've been following your Blog for a while...great stuff..Thanks for the hard work.
Hey Orlando, thanks for the vote of confidence. I appreciate it.
I recently started a blog about writing, learning to write, and writing at work/school: http://www.daviswriter.com/blog.html. Until recently, I taught business, technical and science writing to advanced undergraduates at UC Davis. Right now I am consulting with Drexel's Sacramento MBA program participants to help them improve their visual and oral communication skills.

I am working on a new series called "On the Job Writing" that will feature guest bloggers from various disciplines writing about the writing that happens in their jobs. I'll begin the series with a post from a physician working in public health -- look for it during the first two weeks of October. Oh, and feel free to let me know if you'd like to take a turn! I'm sure my readers would value input from working teachers and school administrators.
I am a resource center/collaborative teacher. I teach 8th grade in Allendale, New Jersey. I have been working on building my Personal Learning Network (PLN) this year. I am very interested in infusing technology into my classroom. My students enjoy the technology infusion and I have many students who are really talented in this area. I love the interactive nature of emerging technologies--this works great for my students who are struggle with traditional instruction. The engagement factor is something that interests me. I see the "light" go on when I use a new-" tool" with them. Getting students jazzed is a huge first step!! I want to foster excitement for learning and find that kids get excited with the new tools that are being used for education. I love using tools like Voicethread and Wordle to engage kids and get them interested and excited to LEARN. I am blogging on Edublogs ---http://dee8906.edublogs.org/ about some of my favorite web tools!
Hi, I am a primary teacher who just returned from living in England and now live in Florida. I am new to PLN and found it through Mary Hertz's Philly Teacher blog - love it!

My blog is www.planningtolearn.blogspot.com. It is reflections on combining what I learned in England (their educational initiative and philosophies) with my teacher training and current experiences here in the US - as well as RTI, technology and, essentially, developing planning based on the assessment cycle.

This discussion board was so valuable because I have been 'blog hopping' around and have found some excellent resources.

I would love to stay connected with educators from England as well to help keep up me up to date :)
Cheers,
T
I'm over at http://edu.blogs.com, writing about the digital, planning and physical spaces of school - what do we need to do to make design thinking permeate our work, have students tackle real world problems in order to enhance their learning, and learn the skills we'll need to help our creative industries, scientific and environmental worlds move forward in years to come.

I'm based in Edinburgh, Scotland, and work with schools the world over, and these different attitudes to the same challenges are reflected in the blog posts.
I blog at scottsibberson.blogspot.com. I try to blog about topics in technology that teachers/administrators might find helpful and interesting. My hope is that I share tools and skills that make educators more efficient.
Hi All,

I'm a grade 5/6 teacher working the Chilliwack School District in British Columbia, Canada. I've been blogging for a couple of years. I have my own reflective teacher blog and and also a class blog. I would welcome feedback and comments on both blogs as I develop my skills and hone my craft.

My reflective blog has a technology spin to it and is focused on oral language and engaging my learning in online writing practices. You can check them out below:

Roaming Educator

Mr. Lister's Class Blog
In my blog you will find spanish content about psicology, literature, personal development, art, neuroplastcity, and some articles related with children, parents and teachers, in an easy and common language.
http://jvschool.blogspot.com
I am a middle school educator in British Columbia Canada. I currently teach grade 8 English and Social Studies. Looking at integrating technology into my practice. Though my blog is relatively new I have a few things about using Prezi and note-taking strategies with my students.

My blog address is: http://pedagogyandme.blogspot.com/
Hi, Paul
I (my school) work with a British Columbia elementary school, we have some kind of cultural exchange where children share experiences and culture.
This has been helping our child to experience real life social studies!
It is nice to know you, and I would love to know more abut Prezi.

Regards,
Mayus
You can find my blog at http://mrseigel.blogspot.com/. I am still new to the blogging world, so you will see my posts are limited. But, I focus on my views of education, video podcasts that I am creating and soon will be talking about my adventures into mastery learning and the reverse classroom. I teach Honors and AP Chemistry at a high school in central NJ.

I would love to get some followers for some feedback on my posts. Any comments would be so helpful. Thanks.
Marc

RSS

About

Thomas Whitby created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Norma-Jean Nielsen replied to Andrea Ray's discussion Is Professional Development Still a Joke?
"Thank you Shawn for your insights. My EdD research (2018) around professional development of college teachers in rural locations (in Ontario, Canada) indicated that agency and institutional support were key factors in active professional…"
Jan 13
Shawn Mitchell replied to Andrea Ray's discussion Is Professional Development Still a Joke?
"Professional Development: A Quality of a Great Teacher Without concrete development, we cannot have the positive impact a person can make in society. A person who is sixteen or eighteen can have more intelligence than a thirty-year-old. But the same…"
Jan 13
Shawn Mitchell replied to Andrea Ray's discussion Is Professional Development Still a Joke?
"Professional Development: A Quality of a Great Teacher Without concrete development, we cannot have the positive impact a person can make in society. A person who is sixteen or eighteen can have more intelligence than a thirty-year-old. But the same…"
Jan 13
Shawn Mitchell replied to Joel Josephson's discussion Live concert for schools - International European education project
"Reading through the brochure you have posted here gives me a great set of emotions regarding your thoughts. The culture of music is longer than we can imagine and every country in the world has a set of the top musicians for their crowd and public.…"
Jan 12
Debra Lynn Holcomb-Williams updated their profile
Jan 5
Louise Grady updated their profile
Jan 4
Steve Brandidge updated their profile
Dec 29, 2021
Heidi Dayne Hanson updated their profile
Nov 28, 2021

Events

© 2022   Created by Thomas Whitby.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service