The personal learning network for educators
Want to give your preschooler a head start on school? Why not consider utilizing a few of the many educational apps available. There many benefits to using these apps, and some child care providers use them as tools at their preschools as well.
Educational apps give your child a head start on learning, making the transition to kindergarten much smoother. Studies have previously proven that children who have computers at home performed much higher in math, reading and language than did children who had no home access to computers.
Learning apps help the child learn to focus and builds self-esteem by being rewarded as each level is completed. Some apps also help the child learn to use their memory and be creative.
The iPad is an excellent tool for your child to start learning with apps because it islightweight, easy to use and has a sensitive touch screen for little hands. Apple's iPad Education Review will assist you in choosing the appropriate apps for your child, such as Zoo Train educational puzzle games.
Benefits of Zoo Train App
* Allows exploration by the child.
* Cognitive development is enhanced.
* Teaches ABCs.
* Helps child identify and spell animals names.
* Kids learn five songs and the musical scale.
Benefits of Tesla Toy App
* Responds to the child's touch to create "energy art".
* Encourages the child to meditate and contemplate.
* Allows the child to create beautiful art.
Benefits of Drawing Pad App
* Allows your preschool child to create art.
* Art can be saved and emailed.
* Has a large selection of colors and paper.
Benefits of First Words App
* Refreshes ABCs.
* More emphasis on reading and spelling.
* Teaches word recognition and phonics.
* Helps fine-tune motor skills.
Many more apps are located here and you can always ask you child care or preschool provider for suggestions on educational apps for your child.